Gather Around, It’s Time To Make the Sausage

Right here is one of the hardest working guys in show business, Mr. Bill Koczocik.

Bill is a colleague at WTNH-TV, in New Haven, Connecticut and mans the cameras for the news shows, he’s also a video and still photographer and a million other things.

Of course we all know that Bill, who is originally from Poland, can cook up a storm. He’s known around these parts and in Easthampton, Massachusetts for his traditional P0lish sausages and smoked meats, don’t even get me started on the kielbasas.

His smokehouse was built by Bill and his Dad and some other relatives in the middle 1980’s and by now is seasoned to perfection.

You name it, Bill smokes it, alright, you know what I mean. He does catering too from American fare to European flair..how do you like that slogan?

The biggest event he’s catered numbered 450.

Should this fit in line with any event you’re having at your house, Bill can ship any and all of his goodies. You can email him at billkocz@gmail.com

To give you an idea of just how authentic his Polish cooking is, he gave me some bigos (hunter’s stew) a while back which I shared with my Polish neighbors and they gave him a big thumbs up. So there you go a testimonial.

Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2010 Ann Nyberg

1. Posted March 23, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Ok, now I am starving! I make everything from scratch but never Keilbasas or any other kind of sausage. now you’ve got me thinking… This is the guy to know!
    Summer Barbecue anyone?

• Annie Mame
      Posted March 23, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Reno, seriously, Bill is the best.

2. Posted March 23, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

I am on it! Just dropped him a note. I am there in the studio tomorrow. I just hope I don’t smell those sausages as we tape or I might just float out of frame…

3. Alzira
    Posted March 24, 2010 at 7:42 am | Permalink

What a nice write up about Bill. He keeps joking were going to go in business together. He loves my cooking…I’m Portuguese..and he says it will mix with the Polish food very nicely. Great job Anne.

• Annie Mame
      Posted March 24, 2010 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Alzira,
      You need to move him along and get that business going!

4. Denise Koczocik
    Posted March 31, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the article about my brother. I am very proud of him. When we were kids we use to have to jump on cabbage in a barrel to make sauerkraut. We weren’t always thrilled about having to do this, but we would both love to go back in time and do things like that again with our Dad. I am most proud of my brother for carrying on the Polish tradition that my Dad tried to instill in us as we were growing up. He is also just a great brother to have and would do just about anything for you if you asked him. I am blessed to have him as my brother!

• Annie Mame
      Posted March 31, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Denise, what a lovely thing to write about your brother. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and, I know he will be so touched to see it. Thank you for keeping such wonderful traditions alive, these things are so important to our children.

5. Lou Lange
    Posted April 2, 2010 at 11:48 am | Permalink

That is some serious sausage!

Like Reno, that makes me very hungry!

Thanks for sharing Ann!

6. John Witkowski
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

I read the Ann Nyberg’s article Network Connecticut regarding your smoked polish sausage.
    Please advise me how much per pound, shipping details, & minimum order. Would you give
    your phone number?