Celebrate Our Veterans On November 10th!

So this is Network Connecticut’s coming out party we aim to help all kinds of folks move forward in the state of Connecticut.

Here’s the deal, this is a day, it’s a family friendly event, that will bring together Veterans and the general public so that we may tell those who put their lives on the line “thank you.” This is also day about show casing some great Connecticut bands and a day for small businesses to set up and get seen and sell in a beautiful ballroom in one of the world’s most famous casinos.

There are two beneficiaries of this event besides all of us who will have a great time. First there is Save A Suit, based in Shelton, CT. This wonderful new organization gathers suits for men and women who are coming out of the military so that they might look sharp on a job interview as they enter back into civilians life. Number two, we are benefiting Operation: Music Aid which is based in Madison, CT. This wonderful non-profit gives new musical instruments to men and women who are wounded to give them hope as they are recuperating in military hospitals around the world.

A big thank you to all of our sponsors, which are continuing to roll in, and all the volunteers who have signed up for helping us thank Connecticut Veterans.
More surprises are coming, wait till you see the raffles here from folks like Jet Blue. This is about the folks in Connecticut, that’s what Network Connecticut is all about./
Help us fill our 20,000 square foot gorgeous ballroom with just plain fun and moving people ahead in many differernt ways. That is all 🙂

1. Posted October 9, 2012 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Ann..I am so proud to participate in this event..I remember about 3 yrs ago you & a few other gals put the Ct. Christmas together in less than 3 weeks..besides the Ct. Food Bank so many folks benefited ..Amen to that…

We can never repay our men & women and their families for what they gave to all of us…As a child of the forties I grew up in the best of times….secure, a time of innocence, with you at the helm along with Heather Colby..and your followers..the course has been set ..

Looking forward to a wonderful day…..

Oh! before you know it..time for Penuche’

Dyan

Posted October 9, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Dyan, we are so happy to have you on board you are always a ray of sunshine for all of us!

2. Posted October 25, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann,

I am so proud to be participating in this event. This is an event so close to my heart as a come from a family of veterans. Thank you for organizing this and I’ll see you on the 10th at Mohegan Sun!

Patti

Posted October 25, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Patti, you light up a room wherever you go, so glad you will be with us!

3. Posted November 1, 2012 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Ann
    I am very honored to participate by Bringing Humble Bee to Celebrate our amazing Veterans. I am going to honor two important people , a hero and a heroin. My mother Joanne Mitrik who reciently passed away , she was a Vietnam Vet . She was in the Air Force …and , my husband and I have a very good friend William Brennen who died when his helicoptor went down in Iraq..

Honored

Cathy

Posted November 1, 2012 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Cathy, so honored to have you at this event to help thank the men and women who serve our nation day in and day out.

Posted November 6, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Cathy, so glad you will be on board so that others will get to try your yummy natural products.

4. Posted November 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

We are very honored to participate in the Celebrate our Veterans Event on Saturday November 10th! It’s a chance for all of us to show our appreciation for our Veterans at an event just for them.

Thank you Ann for putting this terrific event together and including us… we will be there!

Lu and Les
    Southern Exposure
    Mystic, CT and Old Saybrook, CT

Posted November 6, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Lu and Les, thanks so much for taking part in this fun event, I need to get by your store and get some cowboy boots, it’s high time I did that!

5. Jane Bonville
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Ann,

Just found out about this website and the Mohegan Sun Veterans Event on the 10th. 🙁 Please consider sharing our event – We have a free concert being performed at the American Legion Post 27 on 418 Bantam Rd, Litchfield, CT. The brass quintet performing is from 102d Army Band of the CT National Guard. The concert is at 3:00 pm on Saturday Nov 10th. Thank you for your support of our veterans!

Posted November 8, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Jane, sorry you won’t be with us, thank you so much for reaching out here, and thanks for reading.

6. Posted November 8, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann,
    My name is Bonnie Kniceley. I’m the wife of Clark Kniceley, co-founder of Operation Music Aid….plus…your neighbor, (across 79 on Rolling Meadow).
    I loved the article you wrote about O.M.A. on your Network Connecticut. It’s too bad Clark could not have been there too.
    He is a 70% dissabled Veteran, that served in Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm 1990-1991.
    Sargent Franklin Clark Kniceley- medically retired- will be joining you on Sat. Nov. 10th at the Mohegan Sun to represent Operation Music Aid. He is looking forward to meeting you.
    Thank you for careing!
    Sincerely…Bonnie Kniceley

Posted November 8, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

Bonnie, I wish Clark would have been there too, I look forward to meeting him and you. I look forward also to meeting Sargent Franklin Clark Kniceley.