Nutmeg Junction Rolls Along

NEW HAVENS FINEST 2

Nutmeg Junction’s friend Vincenzo Landino took a ride with Tony the Trolley and told him all about a very important organization in Connecticut called the CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION CONNECTICUT CHAPTER.

The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is to working hard to help improve the quality of life for those with the disease and they want to try to ensure there’s development of a means to a cure/control of the disease.

There are a number of fundraisers locally that are designed to help the CFF with that very important mission. One event is the New Haven’s Finest presented by Pinpoint Promotions and Printing. The event on 6/20 will toast some of Connecticut’s finest professionals. Another event coming up after that on¬†June 24th¬†is the 26th Annual CFF Golf Tournament presented by¬†Webster Bank. ¬†And then the month closes out on¬†June 27th¬†with Hartford’s Finest!¬†¬†
There are so many ways to help this wonderful organization and we wanted to show our support with our Nutmeg Junction cartoon!

1. Posted June 20, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

I like the bowtie look. That’s one dapper trolly!

• Posted June 22, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks Jess! I’ve never been to the actual place but Jessica P. (co-creator) has and she tells me that the New Haven Lawn Club is really swanky (that may have been my word) but really fancy so it made sense Tony dressed up for the occasion!

2. Ann Nyberg
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 12:03 am | Permalink

The bow tie is a nice touch don’t you think?

• Posted June 22, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

It was partially inspired by the Annie Mame bowties!

3. brett
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

love the bow tie.

and i had a childhood friend who died from CF. this hits close to home <3

• Posted June 22, 2013 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

Thank you Brett and I am very sorry to hear about your childhood friend. The group and the event definitely seemed worthy and worth putting the word out for.

4. mebrennan
    Posted June 24, 2013 at 8:50 am | Permalink

I can almost hear to the toot! Thanks for the info about the CF fundraising.Very worthy cause.

• Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:15 am | Permalink

Thanks Michelle! I agree it is a worthy cause. The fine print of this particular cartoon does say we’re (nutmeg junction) not affiliated with the event but fans of it and we talked to Vincenzo who was putting the event together and got permission to run the cartoon about it. I’m told it was a huge success so I’m glad to hear that!