Welcome Connecticut’s Cartoon, “Nutmeg Junction”

Nutmeg Junction #1NUTMEG JUNCTION: CONNECTICUT’S CARTOON is proud to find our flagship home right here on ANN NYBERG’s NETWORKCONNECTICUT.COM !

Every week Tony the trolley enjoys the wondrous world of art, culture, history and storytelling right here in the great state of Connecticut! Ann Nyberg is Connecticut’s preeminent storyteller and one of the many stories she shared was OURS: the NUTMEG JUNCTION story so we are so excited that our flagship home of Nutmeg Junction is right here in networkconnecticut.com!

We had the fantastic dilemma in trying to decide what cartoon best begins this shared journey! Now we have always found the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch in Hartford as a gateway not just to Hartford, but a gateway to Connecticut. We liked it so much we painted it a few times.

Now as NUTMEG JUNCTION enters this new electronic gateway of connectivity in Connecticut in this forum, we select this piece to represent our entrance through it, but we do so in acknowledgment of those who bravely served our country to allow us the freedoms to express ourselves in this manner.

In time we will find the appropriate situation to donate the original to honor this acknowledgment. We hope you enjoy the NUTMEG JUNCTION travels and we hope you connect with us here!

Please share your thoughts and comments with us! What parts of Connecticut should Tony the trolley explore? Which Connecticut artists, actors and authors should he visit or what events should the trolley take the family to experience? We look forward to our conversations and travels together!”

1. Posted June 4, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Our interview is here! http://networkconnecticut.com/2013/05/all-aboard-on-nutmeg-junction/#.UaU3DviA_2k.twitter

For contact info, our twitter is @nutmegjunction
    email is: nutmegjunction@gmail.com
    facebook is http://www.facebook/nutmegjunction
    Our website is http://www.nutmegjunction.com

But our Tony the trolley adventures are right here on networkconnecticut.com ! And as we move forward this week, we’re preparing to enjoy the Connecticut’s Open House Day! Are you going to head out there on saturday June 8th and do that too? Where are you headed and where would you like to see Tony the trolley headed on that day? let us know!

2. Home Place
    Posted June 4, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

I am such a fan of Nutmeg Junction and am so glad that Tony the Trolley has a permanent home here on Network Connecticut! What a perfect fit.

Your art tells a story with a cartoon and a simple caption …just as Ms. Nyberg does through an exchange of words.

Simpatico!

• Posted June 5, 2013 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Thank you Bonnie! We’re fans of YOU and we’re fans of your homeplaceblogger.blogspot.com ! I look forward to seeing the links to it here on networkconnecticut.com !

3. Posted June 5, 2013 at 7:49 am | Permalink

I LOVE TONY!!! 😀 Can’t wait to read more of his awesome adventures through CT 🙂

• Posted June 5, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

Thank you JENNY! we’re thrilled to be here sharing them on networkconnecticut.com! Next up is the CT OPEN HOUSE day for June 8th! We’re looking forward to doing something special for its-stay tuned! And I hope you post leadins to YOUR blogs here on the network!

4. Ann Nyberg
    Posted June 5, 2013 at 9:14 am | Permalink

We are thrilled to have Tony the trolley on board here and his creators, Joe and Jessica!

• Posted June 5, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you, Ann! You KNOW we’re so excited at this opportunity! You open so many doors for so many creative folks here in CT, I just want you to know how appreciative we are of you and what you do! #AnnIsAwesome !

5. mebrennan
    Posted June 5, 2013 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Love the Arch street homage to Van Gogh! Nice!

• Posted June 6, 2013 at 6:18 am | Permalink

Thank you, Michelle! I hope you put up links to your travel blog posts here on networkconnecticut.com! Glad you like the homage to Van Gogh. For this one Jessica Ponticelli, co-creator of nutmeg junction, pencilled it and I painted and I went with an homage without being exact. Jessica, however, can do a really spot on Starry Night and she just went to NYC to see the original and paid close attention to the brush strokes of it…so I have a feeling she’ll be doing another one real soon that’s going to blow everyone away and I’m looking forward to that!

6. Posted June 7, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

I think this cartoon is a great intro. I’m looking forward to seeing more!

• Posted June 9, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you, JESS! I’m looking to read more of your travels, I particularly liked the travels through Chicago (my old stomping grounds!) I hope you post some of your work here on the network connecticut.com !