Want Your Connecticut Library Featured?

10013527_645252435541974_1841187916_n

Network Connecticut and Nutmeg Junction are accepting nominations for honoring Connecticut libraries during National Library Week with a Nutmeg Junction cartoon. National Library Week will be observed April 13-19, 2014 with the theme, “Lives change @ your library®.” So nominate your CT library! We might feature that library with a special cartoon on Ann Nyberg’s “Network Connecticut!”

1. Posted March 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

I nominate the Waterford Public Library. We have a great library with the best staff around. We frequent the children’s section and Ms. Christine and her staff are always willing to help my 4 year old son Jamison find a book from his passion of the week. They are patient and excited to help him find that perfect book. When giving my son an option of one place or the library he almost always picks the library to spend an afternoon!
    🙂

• Posted March 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I agree with Ann. Excellent nomination. love the reasons why!

2. Ann Nyberg
    Posted March 10, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Crissy, thanks so much for your nomination! This is a great one! My sister is a children’s librarian in Mishawaka, Indiana. She loves what she does.

3. Posted March 11, 2014 at 8:16 am | Permalink

On FB we’ve received nominations for Newington library, the Seymour library…on twitter we received a nomination for Windham Free library! So keep the nominations coming!

4. jenny_groome
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Okay – Waterford is great for all reasons above and the home of Miss Nadine (even if she retired, still HER library, as well as old Cohanzie School Library) – Nadine and Waterford Public Library started “Take Your Child to the Library Day” which has quickly become a national event.
    AND, being in the municipal complex, there is a great pond to sit by and have lunch (if the geese don’t steal it).
    AND great sledding in the same park – start at library parking lot and sled down hill.

I also LOVE Mystic-Noank Library. They have great events of local interest. The children’s collection is an AMAZING collection of quality books, including older out of print items. It is cozy and fun. The staff is friendly, the building beautiful and functional. I love the display case where local people can show off an interest, a collection, etc.

I drive all the way from Newington to have my youngest particiapte in Mystic-Noank’s plate fundraiser each year (okay, I missed last year). Like so many families in the area, I have a collection of high quality plastic plates that mark my child’s growth over the years and have contributed to the library in the process. (Just wish I had done it when my married son was young).

Sorry – Lucy Robbin-Welles in Newington is my new local library, and it is WONDERFUL – but my heart is with Waterford and Mystic-Noank.

Posted March 11, 2014 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for that, Jenny!